Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob

Default Finding unique entries among two columns of alphanumeric data

Max,
It worked! You're a genius. Thanks again for all your help.
Regards, Bob

"Max" wrote:

Try these slight adjustments ..

In C2:
=IF(COUNT(D:D)<ROW(A1),"",INDEX(B:B,MATCH(SMALL(D: D,ROW(A1)),D:D,0)))
(above is the same formula as previous, no change. ROW(A1) is always used in
the starting cell)

In D2:
=IF(B2="","",IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(B2,A:A,0)),"",ROW() ))
(Leave D1 empty)

Select C2:D2, copy down to last row of data in col B, as before

--
Max
Singapore
"Bob" wrote:
Max,
One more thing. I would like to add column headings in rows 1 & 2.
However, when I do that, the formulas obviously no longer work. Is there a
way I can adjust your formulas to allow for column headings? Just curious.
Thanks again,
Bob