Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob

Default Finding unique entries among two columns of alphanumeric data

Max,
Your solution (very slick by the way) did the trick! I'm going to study
your formulas so I understand the logic. Thanks again.
Bob

"Max" wrote:

One play using non-array formulas ..

Assume data in cols A & B, from row1 down

In C1:
=IF(COUNT(D:D)<ROW(A1),"",INDEX(B:B,MATCH(SMALL(D: D,ROW(A1)),D:D,0)))

In D1:
=IF(B1="","",IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(B1,A:A,0)),"",ROW() ))

Select C1:D1, copy down to the last row of data in col B

Col C will extract the items unique to col B*, all neatly bunched at the top
*items in col B not found in col A
--
Max
Singapore
"Bob" wrote:
Columns A & B contain several thousand Project Numbers (e.g., P1052, PA844,
etc.). Many of the Project Numbers in column B are the same as in column A,
but column B also has additional (i.e., newer) Project Numbers scattered
throughout. Ideally, I would like to use a built-in function (versus a
custom function if possible) that compares all the Project Numbers in both
columns and then separately lists those that are unique to column B.

Thanks for the help.

Bob