Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SKY

Default Data in Cells

Try this.

I will use 0,1 in another column to represent with or without data.
You will write a simple formula like,

=IF(A1=" ",0,1)

If A1 = space, set the cell to 0, else set the cell to 1.

Then you can calculate the total and percentage you need.

Regards,
SKY

" wrote:

Hello Everyone,

Hopefully the solution to this is quite straightforward.

I have an excel worksheet that has about 11000 cells. Some cells have
data in them and some do not.

I need if possible, to calculate the total % of how many cells have
data in them. Columns which are currently blank have been removed.

Could anyone please help me out on this.

Thank you

srmp.