Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Fatfreek

Default Average of lowest 5 of 20 values?

Michael,

I also tried your solution and it works. Thanks.

Len

--
To email reply, eradicate all threes in my SPAM guarded address.
"Michael M" wrote in message
Hi
Try:

=AVERAGE(SMALL(A1:A25,{1,2,3,4,5}))

will do the trick

HTH
Michael M

"Fatfreek" wrote:

The following are what golf handicappers call differential values. I've
listed 25 of them. To compute my golf score handicap I need to take the
average of the lowest 5 of the last 20 of these values, and multiply

that by
0.96.
The way I see it, the lowest 5 are 5.55, 6.59, 6.59, 6.59, and 7.64. The
average of these 5 would be 6.6.
Any way I could use my Excel 2003 with some formula?

11.82
13.92
14.96
8.68
17.05
19.15
11.82
13.92
5.55
7.64
14.96
12.87
6.59
11.82
9.73
9.73
6.59
17.05
14.96
6.59
9.73
8.68
7.64
13.92
7.64

Len Miller
--
To email reply, eradicate all threes in my SPAM guarded address.