Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
HEK

Default Creating pattern area under part of an x-y chart

You cld try Jon Peltier's site:
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/VBAdraw.html

If you don't want to use VBA, I wld suggest to use a drop line from the two
limit points: alas no shade, but I think conveying the message. Adding a
vertical line can also be found on Jon's pages.

HTH,
Henk

"artmorris" wrote:

In Excel, I am drawing normal distribution charts (your typical
bell-shaped curve) using a column of x values and a column of y values,
and selecting x-y chart selection with smoothed line. I need to shade a
portion of the area under the chart (typically from one x value to the
other). Is there some way in Excel's tools to generate a pattern fill
under the curve, between specified x limits? Now, I'm just using
Excel's drawing tool , Autoshapes, Freeform line, and trying to create
an area that just exactly fits under the curve, but it's difficult to
get all the points to line up under the curve correctly.
I can, of course, shade any closed area made with the drawing
tool, but how to shade part of the area under the normal curve?

--
artmorris