Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jeff

Default Contitional formatting help

Thanks for this.

I think my logic is a bit fuzzy. I was trying to get the blank cells to be
gray if empty or orange if value = 1 through 3 (I also mistated my origianl
question about condition 1.

Is there a way it (condition 1) can be changed to a formula so an empty cell
stays gray when cell is empty but orange if n is in the range 1 to 3?

Jeff

"Die_Another_Day" wrote in message
ps.com...
Condition 1 =
Cell Value Is: less than or equal to: 3
Condition 2 =
Cell Value Is: between : 4 and 20
Condition 3 =
Cell Value Is: greater than or equal to: 21

click the format for condition 1 and choose orange
click the format for condition 2 and choose blue
click the format for condition 3 and choose green

HTH

Die_Another_Day
Jeff wrote:
I have a problem with getting conditional formatting to work properly for
me.

What I want to do is use the cell background colour to indicate the
number
of items in the cells (column)
I've spent hours trying to get it right :- (

If F2 is equal to or less than 3 (or cell is empty) 'to orange
If F2 is between 4 and 20 'to
blue
If F2 is equal to or greater than 21 'to
green

Solution gratefully accepted

Jeff