Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Default wrapping of very long text in EXCEL 2002 cells

Re-format as General.

Excel has a problem when the number of characters is between 255 and 1024.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 10:51:02 -0700, prjman
wrote:

I have a very long text with multiple lines in one cell (formatted as text).
That cell shows(and prints) only #####################...
When I select the cell is shows the proper text lines in the toolbar.
Autowrap is turned on, but does not seem to working for this cell (it does
for others). I tried making the row hight large enough to show it, but no
luck. I need to keep the column width fixed.

How can format the cell to have autowrap work correctly?