RagDyer

Use this to "hard code" the number (450) in the formula:

=COUNTIF(A1:A100,"<450")

OR
Place the number in a cell (B1), so that it can be easily revised, without
the necessity of changing the formula itself:

=COUNTIF(A1:A100,"<"&B1)
--

HTH,

RD

"Dale Rosenthal" wrote in message
I know I'm not going to ask this correctly. I have a column of numbers. I
wish to have a count at the bottom of the column of the number of numbers
that fall below a certain number. What function is this? Or, is there a
website that would tell me how to do this?

Second question: Same column of numbers. Is there a way to have those same
numbers that fall below a given number become bold?

Thanks so much.

Dale