Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
HB Designs

Default using vlookup between two separate sheets

no, she is not using microsoft works.

"Gary L Brown" wrote:

Are you sure your co-worker isn't using Microsoft Works?
--
Gary Brown

"HB Designs" wrote:

there's a preference in excel somewhere that allows you to reference an array
in a different workbook all together than the sheet you're entering the
function on. Here's my example:
I have multiple worksheets in a book - each sheet has a different period's
pay information for our employees. I've got a separate workbook set up on a
different drive that pulls in all these periods of pay information to one
simple worksheet. The vlookup function works for me, but not for a coworker.
She doesn't get the little yellow box that pops up with the details of the
function after typing in "=vlookup(". Even if she inserts the data manually
into the function helper, it doesn't let her deviate from her current
worksheet.
i'm going crazy trying to figure out where the preference is that allows her
to do this - any one have any ideas? Thanks!