Myrna Larson

If you really mean "comment" according to Excel's definition of the term, I
suggest you put your text in a cell instead. Other workbooks can retrieve the
text from that cell. Otherwise you would need a VBA function to retrieve the
comment text, and I don't know off-hand whether such a function can work with
closed workbooks.

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 19:41:02 -0800, "Crewman"
wrote:

I want to have a comment in a workbook and that comment is in turn reference
by many other workbooks. This will avoid having to change many workbooks
instead of just the one. Version being used is Excel 2003