Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
chadsxe

Default Need help with averaging a time but dates are messing up the result I am trying for.

I am attempting to get a worksheet that averages times but I am running
into a few problems. For example I have this setup....

A1 = 05/11/06 11:00 PM
B1 = 05/13/06 11:30 PM
C1 = 05/15/06 12:00 AM
D1 = 05/17/06 12:30 AM
E1 = 05/19/06 01:00 AM
F1 = =AVERAGE(A1:E1)

In F1 I am getting 9:36 AM which I completely understand (it is
averageing from 5/11 11PM to 5/19 1AM) but this is not what I am
looking for. I want it to just average the time and have the result of
F1 show up as 12:00AM. I tried removing the dates but then it was
averaging only in a one day cycle. So it seems the dates are the only
way I can figure out how to tell it to average from lets say 11:00 at
night to 12:30 the next morning. But as you can see I don't want it to
average on the date just the time.

Thanks

Chad

--