Dave Peterson

First, Arial is a proprotionally spaced font.

If you change the zoom factor to 100% does it look ok?

If yes, then maybe this post by Debra Dalgleish will help:

You can change a registry setting to prevent this from happening (make a
backup copy of the registry first):

1. From the Start button, choose Run
2. Type regedit then click OK
3. Click the + sign to the left of HKEY_CURRENT_USER
4. Open Software, Microsoft, Office, 9.0, Excel, Options
5. Choose EditNewDWORD Value
6. Type the name for the DWORD: FontSub
7. Press Enter to complete the renaming
8. Choose EditModify
9. Type 0 as the value, select Decimal, and click OK
10. Close the Registry Editor

=====
9.0 = xl2k
10.0 = xl2002
11.0 = xl2003

stevjones wrote:

Arial in Excell 2000 was NOT proportional spaced. I have just converted to
Excel 2003, where Arial (and just about every other type, too!) IS
proportionally spaced. With proportional spacing, numbers in a column do not
line up due to different spacing---particularly numbers like 111,111 versus
999,999. This is driving me crazy. Can anyone help? Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson