Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Default Yet another issue

=COUNTIF(C:C,"X")/COUNTIF(B:B,"X")

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"VegasBurger" wrote in message
No success with that formula unless again I am doing it wrong. I basically
need to show a percentage of X's from column C vs column B

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Excel loves you!! It just has difficulty expressing that love.

Use COUNTIF(). COUNTIF(B1:B100,"X") and the similar for column C.

Then take the ratios, etc.
--
Gary''s Student

"VegasBurger" wrote:

At this point Excel hates me, I can feel it. So this is what my next

issue
is. I have column B which the user places an "x" in the cell that

corresponds
with a day of the week in column A. I have column C that has an "x"

placed
into the cell when a certain code is inputed into column D, What I am

trying
to do is have a cell at the bottom, give me a percentage of the X's

between
column B & C. Can anyone shed light on this for me please..

Thank you ahead of time!