Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Default Bar Graph

Sorry I'm really confused now.
The link I posted demonstrates how to set up formula in cells to react
to the original chart data.
You then create a chart with these multiple data series. Of course you
will need to manually set the colour of each series in the chart. But
once set up any edits to the original chart data will automatically be
updated within the chart.

Try another explanation, this time by Ed Ferrero, Conditional Chart
Formatting.
http://www.edferrero.com/charting.aspx

Cheers
Andy

ceemo wrote:
Yes thats right i would like to know more about the conditional
formatting of charts.

I have a chart with two bars and i would like the second bar to change
to red, orange or green depending on the value of a cell

ceemo 'I have a bar graph and woulld like to have one of the bars
change colour depending on the value of a cell (1 - Green, 2 - Orange,
3 - Red). I dont have a lot of experiance when it comes to coding
graphs.'

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info