Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Thel

Default What are the reasons if the "the solver" will not install?

I meant Tools/add-ins/click on solver then "ok". After doing that I get a
message asking if I want to install "the solver" and when I click "yes" it
gets half-way through the process and then I get an error message each time
and it won't go any further. Someone has suggested I try to uninstall and
reinstall the office CD. The office CD was originally installed at the
store. I haven't tried that yet but if that doesn't work I guess I'll have
to eventually invest in another CD or use another computer if I need "the
solver". Thank- you for responding. If you know anything else to try if the
other does not work let me know.--Thel
Mehta" wrote:

What does "does not want to install" mean? Also, what does "etc." after
the Tools represent?

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Multi-disciplinary business expertise
+ Technology skills
= Optimal solution to your business problem
Recipient Microsoft MVP award 2000-2005

In article ,
says...
The Excell "solver" does not want to install the usual way via Tools etc. I
have done both the windows and office updates as well. What other
suggestions?