Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tim M

Default Sum cells in multiple worksheets which change every month

Couple of questions, each sheet is named after the individual?
How do you have this data structured? Only dates are displayed if the
closing balance changes I assume?

Do you make your opening balance = the closing balance of the entry above it?

"mnew27" wrote:

Hi, I have multiple worksheets, each tracking an individual's sale and
purchase of shares. There is a column on each worksheet adding up the total
shareholding for that individual, as trades occur, the list grows. e.g.

A B C
1 Date Opening Balance Bought/Sold Closing Balance
2 4 May 06 200 10
210
3 5 May 06 210 -5
205

My problem is that I want to summarise the total shareholdings (closing
balances) for each individual in a table on a separate sheet, but I don't
know how to do this when the figure I need isn't in the same cell each time.
For example on 4th May I need to total the amounts in cell D2, the next day I
need to sum the amounts in D3. Another complication is that the figures I
need to sum aren't in the same column on each worksheet. Any ideas?