Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mnew27

Default Sum cells in multiple worksheets which change every month

Hi, I have multiple worksheets, each tracking an individual's sale and
purchase of shares. There is a column on each worksheet adding up the total
shareholding for that individual, as trades occur, the list grows. e.g.

A B C
1 Date Opening Balance Bought/Sold Closing Balance
2 4 May 06 200 10
210
3 5 May 06 210 -5
205

My problem is that I want to summarise the total shareholdings (closing
balances) for each individual in a table on a separate sheet, but I don't
know how to do this when the figure I need isn't in the same cell each time.
For example on 4th May I need to total the amounts in cell D2, the next day I
need to sum the amounts in D3. Another complication is that the figures I
need to sum aren't in the same column on each worksheet. Any ideas?