Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default In Document Hyperlink

Then =Offset() makes sense since you're moving so much stuff around.

Hyperlinks travel to ranges, so you use =address().

If you look at what =offset() returns (the value from that cell--not the address
itself), you'll see why you want to use the address.

=HYPERLINK("#A1")
takes me to A1.

=hyperlink("#"&a1)
would only take me someplace if A1 contained something that looked like an
address.

nastech wrote:

su example is, in wanting my title line to be at top of page /view, I
would pick 32 lines (size of my view) past the title line. Else: if I pick
the title line as the view, title line can end up at bottom of screen (Really
need to see work items "below" title line, not above). should get rest? now
can pick title line, add new destination: 32 lines past.

Test: cut 50 lines from below your title line, paste above title line. go
to top of your excel document, click on hyperlink: title line is off the
page no longer seen (with old link). Can cut-paste all you want with OFFSET
(title-line is always the item referenced). re-negotiating page / view....
every 20 seconds was a pain...

this works, just don't know if have any extra items don't need
=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",OFFSET(A505,$Z$1,1)) ,"x") for downwards
=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",OFFSET(A505,-1,1)),"x") for up

was told I do not need CELL("address",.. but could not get to work if
typing wrong:
=HYPERLINK("#"&OFFSET(A505,$Z$1,1),"x") was not working

was needing to pass this info along, was not sure if formula had extra stuff..

--------------------------

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Can you share why the second version didn't point at B504 directly instead of
using offset().

nastech wrote:

Thanks.. getting few items to check out for dynamic ranges etc.
Have others that were looking for answer such as this hyperlink, do you
think my example is complete, or any extraneous items.. or did I accidently
get it right :)?

=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",OFFSET(A505,$Z$1,1)) ,"P2") for downwards
=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",OFFSET(A505,-1,1)),"P2") for up

for:
=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",

--

Dave Peterson