Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Puzzled Percy

Default How do I select a value from a table based on 2 conditional refs?

I'm trying to select a value from a table based on 2 variable references.

If been looking at using a VLOOKUP function to do this but because there are
2 dependant references I'm a little stuck. I thought that maybe a VLOOKUP
with a MATCH function incorporated might be an option as the entries in each
column are not unique.

To give you an example of what I am trying to achieve I done the table below.

Basically if F1=9 & G2=2 then select C1 (*)

A B C D F G
1 9 3 * % 9 2
2 9 2 % &
3 9 1 # *