Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

Default look up a value in one column to another colum

"Oscar Kelley - Salmon Days Festival" wrote:
Thank it didn't work. ???? I even made sure both columns were formatted the
same.

Formatting doesn't change the underlying values ..

Column A has 1241 records, column G 1474 - 233 increase. I trying to match
the ones that are the same.
What happened when I changed it to ISNUMBER, all but 3 were FALSE, whereas
it should be closer to 1241, except for those that are new or terminated.

Believe that the earlier formulas in col K are working ok.
Since you want:
.. the ones that are the same

then the logic should be to autofilter col K for TRUE
(which would return the fig closer to 1241)

FALSE returns the items in col A which are *not found* in col G
Autofiltering FALSE however enables you to see/inspect these items

To complete the comparison, the converse should be done to compare col G's
items against col A's. Similarly ..
Put in L2: =ISNUMBER(MATCH(G2,A:A,0))
Copy L2 down to the last row of data in col G
Col L will return TRUE if the item in col G is found in col A, FALSE
otherwise.
Then just autofilter TRUE / FALSE on col L as desired for closer inspection
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik