Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gerald Vandiver

Default How do I compare lists in cells Excel

I have 1 column and 5 rows, each row contains a set of
numbers separated by commas. I want to compare the numbers in the rows, and
if a number is repeated in another row, I want to increase my X value +1. So
if row one contains 1,2,3 and row two contains 4,5,6 and row three contains
1,4,7 then X=2. And if row 4 contains 1,8,9 then X=3. The number of entries
per cell will not be the same, so I can't just put each number in an
individual cell, and I need Excel to realize that the comma is a delimiter
and not a place holder. Is this possible?