Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
LisaChica

Default Search for first instance of text & return the value

This is a two part question...
Here's what I have:
I have a list of product numbers in col. A. In col. O I have a list of file
names that contain the product numbers as well as additional characters. I
need a formula that will search col O for the first instance of the text in
cell A2 and return that value.

The next formula will return all instances that contain the text found in A2.

Please help, I have a deadline of this evening for this and I've been
wracking my brain and discussion Groups for this. Thanks so much!!