Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lpdc

Default Help!!! Extracting a number to line up with a different number

How do I pull a specific cost center number from column B to line up with an
account also in column B. For example I have a list of accounts followed by
the cost center that I need to tie to the account associated with the cost
center. The number of accounts and cost centers are changing as I go down
through column B. The Cost Center is the six digit number in Column B.

Example:
Column A Column B
51000004 CONSUMPTION-MAINTENANCE PARTS
71000000 MAINTENANCE
71000047 MAINTENANCE SERVICES
71080002 DEPRECIATION - PLANTS
71190070 I/C - PRINT SHOP CHARGES
598006 TNY - NB LINE #2
51000004 CONSUMPTION-MAINTENANCE PARTS
71000000 MAINTENANCE
71000047 MAINTENANCE SERVICES
71010000 SUPPLIES
71080002 DEPRECIATION - PLANTS
71080004 DEPRECIATION - OFFICE
598007 TNY - NB LINE #3
51000004 CONSUMPTION-MAINTENANCE PARTS
71000000 MAINTENANCE
71000047 MAINTENANCE SERVICES
71040002 MACHINE RENT
71080002 DEPRECIATION - PLANTS
71190040 PRODUCTION COSTS-OVERHEAD
598008 TNY - CHARLIE #6 BAKERY

The cost centers are the six digit numbers I would like to have the cost
center in column A next the the account.

Clear as mud I know,

lpdc