Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Brad

Default excel cell data won't display on monitor

Oddly enough, only some of the cells disappear in the worksheet. You are
correct, I can see the contents in the formula bar, but not in the worksheet.
So say if cell A1 has this problem and I can't see the contents 'Jan1/01', I
can copy a good cell like D10 over to A1 and retype 'Jan1/01' and it is
visible again. But in a matter of days, the problem happens again.
I thought it might be just the files I created, but 3 of us were sent a file
from a supplier and my excel copy had some cells not visible, while everyone
else here had no problems.
When we replaced the computer, I opened up the files from our server I was
having trouble with. For the first few days, all was fine, but then it
happened again. We since reloaded excel, tried another excel disk, and each
time problem re-appears.

My I/T guys have looked at my problem and gave up.

"Zone" wrote:

Are you saying that everything on the worksheet disappears, even though
you can click on a cell and see its contents in formula bar?
When you replaced the computer, were you able to open the same file as
before and see the cell contents?

Brad wrote:
When I type details into excel cells (numbers, dates, narrative) they are
visible, but in time they disappear - I can see them in the formula bar, but
not on my monitor. I replaced my computer which helped for a few days but
occured again. Then we re-loaded excel, and then used another copy of excel
and it still happens. I have not hidden the cells or did anything related to
the security features available.
Help!