Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld

Default Convert a julian gregorian date code into a regular date

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 09:14:02 -0700, Robert
wrote:

how do I convert a julian gregorian date code into a regular date. I have a
julian gregorian (1582) date code that I want to convert into a regular
month/day/year code. How do I do this? Is there a formula for this? Here
is a sample date code: 2453523.

OK, now I've got it. You are, in fact, interested in the astronomical
calculations. The 1582 finally clued me in :-).

For dates on and after March 1, 1900, you can use the formula:

= A1 + 2415018.5 to convert a date/time string in A1 to its Julian equivalent.

To convert the Julian Date to its Gregorian equivalent, you can use the
formula:

=A1-2415018.5

If you require a greater range, you will require complex formulas or VBA.

--ron