Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gareth - Network analyst.

Default Adding a Dos command in EXCEL

Sorry if i seem a lil dence here... but Ok here exactly is what i wat to do.

I have a listing of 800 individual Networks. on a seperate sheet i have a
lookup that finds the site number and brings up in seperate cells, Site name
and 3 individual Ip addresses.

If a site goes down one of these 3 devices are the cause so what i want to
do is have a cell or button for each IP address where i can click on it and
it will ping the IP that my Vlookup has brought up....

My cells if it helps at all look like this...

Site Code: 1200
Server Name: MARKET_STR =VLOOKUP(C2,Listing!A:D,2,FALSE)
Speed Dial: *5045 =VLOOKUP(C2,Listing!A:D,3,FALSE)
Tel No: ********* =VLOOKUP(C2,Listing!A:D,4,FALSE)
GateWay For Sto Market_STR_GATE =VLOOKUP(C2,Listing!A:E,5,FALSE)
Server IP: 10.32.187.10 =VLOOKUP(C2,Listing!A:F,6,FALSE)
2ND Server IP: 10.32.187.6
=(CONCATENATE(MID(C7,1,((LEN(C7))-2)),"6"))
Router IP: 10.32.187.1
=(CONCATENATE(MID(C7,1,((LEN(C7))-2)),"1"))

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Hi Gareth:

If you can put your ping commands into a batch (.bat) file, we can show you
how to drive the commands from Excel and capture the information.
--
Gary''s Student

"Gareth - Network analyst." wrote:

Dont suppose i would be lucky enough to have someone that Got loads of time
to blow and feel like typing out a Coding that i can just copy and past then
into Excel 2003 VB plugin that just needs me to click the link and all it
does is start a ping with a IP that is desplayed in cell C7 just needs to
display the ping, no report printouts, or saving the info anywhere nothing
just execute Ping with IP in cell C7 and display the normal Dos box with the
results.....