Tushar Mehta

Irrespective of what you are doing, the point is that the two formulas
below return *identical* results:

=INDIRECT(VLOOKUP(D5,D8:E10,2,0))
=CELL("contents",INDIRECT(VLOOKUP(D5,D8:E10,2,0)))

So, why use the CELL (...INDIRECT(VLOOKUP(...))) when just INDIRECT
(VLOOKUP(...)) will suffice?

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...
I am not sure if you are asking me why use cell here but what I am doing is
using an Add On product to excel that reads in a csv file with many fields.
But the program does not want all the fields. Based on the Category I want
to update in the program I have to pick certain fields as the csv file is
read in. Therefore by using this Cell function I can basically use a drop
down to Pick the Category I want to update and based on the cell references
next to that category in the VLookup section it will tell the program which
columns (ie fields) to read in.

Thank you for both or yours help.

Steven.