Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Biddulph

Default Date Question

"metaltecks" wrote in message
"metaltecks" wrote:

In my spreadsheet I have a date column, ex 4/14/1998.

I need to parse out the date, so I will have one column as the month,
day,
and year.
In otherwords, i will a separate column for each of these numbers.
How do I do that without manually doing it?

Can these functions work if the format in column A1 is 04/04/05?

If you are referring the functions in Leith Ross's reply (though you seem to
have replied to your own message rather than his), then yes, they'll work if
your column is really a date.
If your column is text, then you can split it with Data/ Text to Columns.
--
David Biddulph