Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul Lautman

Default Sorting rows in Pivot table

hstijnen wrote:
Hi,
I've a pivot table and connected chart with names of month in the
rows. Default ordered by name and I'm able to manualy order them in
correct order. All OK. But now my problem: The months are in a sort
of floating year, from one month till the same month in the other
year (ref to year is included in the name), so I have to sort one
time apr '05 to mar '06 and the other time may '05 to apr '06.
I've tried it with a dummy var with numbers (200504 .... 200609
....), but then that var is visible in the chart, what I don't like.

Anyone an idea?

regards,
Henk

Surely if you sort, then all the dates will be sorted? How do you sort only
subsets of the dates?