Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Biddulph

Default pound signs cell formatting

"Paul Lautman" wrote in message
Stephen wrote:
I can't reduce the size of the font, I need it to be uniform
throughout the sheet. It is for a report for a client. There are no
decimals. I have formatted it for general and it didn't work. Even
when I formatted it for number, any number of decimals didn't make it
work. When I formatted it for text it didn't work.

Look, the # signs are displayed because the characters with their current
size will not fit into the cell with its current size. If you didn't have
the # signs then you would have only part of the number which would be
meaningless anyway. So you have 2 choices:

1) make the cell larger
2) make the font smaller

Or try scientific notation?
--