Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Curious27

Default modifying the area plot to a "top-hat" instead of a "saw-tooth

Ah-ha - thanks! Ok, but I still don't have delineation between the "stacks".
There isn't a way to just color the horizontal border, and not the vertical
ones is there?
C.

"HEK" wrote:

It shd also work with "normal" column chart. To make the lines disappear,
right click the series, Format Data Series, go to the Patterns tab and either
choose the same line colour as the fill, or select "none".
GL,
Henk

"Curious27" wrote:

Ah, I see - I needed to change the the chart type to "stacked column" first
to get the "gap width" on the "options" tab. Ok - so now, is there a way to
eliminate the lines that outline each column so each (stacked) series appears
to be a contiguous area?
C.

"HEK" wrote:

You can remove the space between the bars simply by making the gap zero.
Change to column chart, right click the series, Format Data Series / Options
/ Gap width 0. You may have to fiddle a bit with the number of series to
get the right desired effect.
HTH,
Henk

"Curious27" wrote:

I would like to modify the "stacked area" plot type so that the lines
connecting the data points do so in a "top-hat" or histogram style instead of
a "saw-tooth" or point-to-point connection. The bar plots aren't quite right
as the "bars" stand alone and have the vertical separators - instead of
forming a contiguous area under the data points. Is this possible?