Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
ICTag

Default De-activating null value display

I've just discovered this answer in the General forum from papou which
answers my question.

Hello
You may consider creating an excel template (BOOK.XLT) with this option set
to off and then place the tempate into the excel startup folder.

HTH
Cordially
Pascal

"ICTag" wrote:

Hi Experts,
I've learnt that I can go into options (under tools) to de-activate the
display of zeros when null values are referenced. But whenever I navigate
round the spreadsheet the option reverts to displayng zeros.

Is this option a local setting on my pc, or is it part of the spreadsheet,
or is it dependent on the worksheet being viewed?

Is there a way of de-activating this forever?

Tom
PS: This is number 2 of a series of 3 questions that have been bugging me
for ages.