Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul Lautman

Default pound signs cell formatting

Stephen wrote:
I can't reduce the size of the font, I need it to be uniform
throughout the sheet. It is for a report for a client. There are no
decimals. I have formatted it for general and it didn't work. Even
when I formatted it for number, any number of decimals didn't make it
work. When I formatted it for text it didn't work.

"RagDyeR" wrote:

Reduce the size of the font
Reduce the number of formatted decimals.
--

HTH,

RD

"Stephen" wrote in message
I have a half-tone border around every cell so that it creates an
even grid in the body of the sheet. I can't make the cell larger
because I need to keep the grid uniform.

"Paul Lautman" wrote:

Stephen wrote:
I have a cell who's width is 2.43 and which contains a formula
which calculates any number of things, such as square feet, cubic
feet, tons, ect. based on which measurements are given. My
formula is:

=IF(V12=0,S12,IF(Y12=0,S12*V12,IF(Y120,S12*V12*Y1 2))).

The problem I'm having is that even when it is formatted for
general or text, the cell displays pound signs instead of the
number because the number is too large to fit into one cell. I'm
using Excel 2000. Like I said, I've already tried formatting it
for general, and for text, and neither worked. Does anyone know
how to get my spreadsheet to display numbers?

have you tried making the cell larger?

Look, the # signs are displayed because the characters with their current
size will not fit into the cell with its current size. If you didn't have
the # signs then you would have only part of the number which would be
meaningless anyway. So you have 2 choices:

1) make the cell larger
2) make the font smaller