Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Determine Future Value to Meet Average

Hi Steve

Try this in B2, with your list starting in A1:
=160-AVERAGE($A$1:A1)
If you fill this down to B22 and enter your numbers in A1:A22, you'll see
the required value change. If you want to hide the list until you reach the
cell, try this in A2 and fill down:
=IF(A1<"",160-AVERAGE($A$1:A2),"")

Hope this helps.
Andy.

"SteveG" wrote in
message ...

Marcelo,

Thanks for the response. I think I may not have explained clearly
enough. The dates themselves do not really matter, it is the values
corresponding to those dates that I need to average to "predict" what
the next value needs to be to maintain a certain service level.

So if for days 1-5 of 22 my values average 150 and my service level
agreement says I need to be at 80. Assuming that the rest of the days
(excluding tomorrow) I maintain my level of 80, what does tomorrow's
value need to be so the average of all 22 meets the service level of
80.

Hope that makes more sense.

Thanks,

Steve