Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Default Conditional Sum Product

I have written a page on that. See
http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html for a detailed
explanation.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

wrote in message
ps.com...
Bob,

I was reading thru some of the posts and saw your response...I have a
question. I use sumproduct alot, but I do not/have not used the (--
What does this do exactly?

Thanks,

Hans

Bob Phillips wrote:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:Z1="Yes"),A2:Z2,A3:Z3)

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Ben010" wrote in message
I want to get the sumproduct of two rows of numbers based on an IF

condition
in a related row. The formula would look like this:
=Sumproduct(a2:z2, a3:z3)* Multiplier if a1:z1="Yes", otherwise

Multiplier
=1
So if a1="Yes" then the product would be a2*a3*M; if b1<"Yes" then

the
product would be b2*b3*1. Any ideas?