Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stephen

Default pound signs cell formatting

I have a half-tone border around every cell so that it creates an even grid
in the body of the sheet. I can't make the cell larger because I need to
keep the grid uniform.

"Paul Lautman" wrote:

Stephen wrote:
I have a cell who's width is 2.43 and which contains a formula which
calculates any number of things, such as square feet, cubic feet,
tons, ect. based on which measurements are given. My formula is:

=IF(V12=0,S12,IF(Y12=0,S12*V12,IF(Y120,S12*V12*Y1 2))).

The problem I'm having is that even when it is formatted for general
or text, the cell displays pound signs instead of the number because
the number is too large to fit into one cell. I'm using Excel 2000.
Like I said, I've already tried formatting it for general, and for
text, and neither worked. Does anyone know how to get my spreadsheet
to display numbers?

have you tried making the cell larger?