Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
learning

Default Need column evaluated to count total of occurrences of "Y". H

Very kind of you to help out. I will try it.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

=COUNTIF(A:A,"Y")

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

"learning" wrote in message
I need to create a logic function to evaluate each cell in a specified
range
to see if each cell contains "Y". If the cell contains "Y", then the
number
"1" needs to be added to the running total. I want to know the total
number
of "Y" in the column or specified range.