Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Big Geoff

Default excel -can I use a text box as unprotected box in protected form.

I have a form for completion. The question boxes are protected, the answers
not.
In one case I need to allow as much as half a page of text for a reply and
do not seem to be able to get this using the format, merge cells function.
I thought that intriducind a text box would solve it, howver, the text box
is missed out when the sheet is protected and you tab through to answer the
questions in the form. How can i solve this problem please??? I am using
excel 2003 but would like it to work in excel 97 if possible.