Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

Default I need to know what kinda Function to Use in A Worksheet

Actually, Peo....I just ignored the fact that the sample data didn't have a
matching item and just posted a formula that would meet the spec IF there was
matching data. But, If the problem is GIGO....then there's not much that can
be done about that, is there?

***********
Best Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

That's the 3rd time he posted, yesterday I gave him the sumproduct solution
and the dcounta solution, I did the same today, both returned zero, looking
at his example could you see that 1 would be the result?

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

"Ron Coderre" wrote in message
Try something like this:

With your data structure in A1:C10, with column headings in A1

E1: =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A10="A CO 1-68")*(C1:C10="G-1"))
That formula returns
the count of "G-1"s
where the corresponding Col_A value is: "A CO 1-68"

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"CERYD" wrote:

I have a Workbook And I dont know what Formula To Use Ive Tried DCOUNT
And
SUM Product and Others Some One Help me out

UNIT Date to BN Status
205TH MI N/A G-1
A CO 1-68 11feb06 Complete
B CO 1-68 N/A G-1
A CO 1-68 11 OCT BN
C CO 1-68 Na G-1

Example of what I want to do is---
IF Unit Equals A CO 1-68 then Count how Many Are G-1 So with this
I would Get 1

Any one Can Help Me????