Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ron de Bruin

Default creating dates "database" in-a-row

would it be to much to ask for the method of creating this button

No problem

Insert a button from the Forms toolbar and assign this macro to it
Note: it insert the date in the row of the activecell and I use a sheet with the name "Sheet1"

I format the date like this "dd-mmm-yyyy" but you can change that

There is no error checking in this example, if you need help with that post back

Sub test()
Dim rng As Range
With Sheets("Sheet1")
Set rng = .Range("IV" & ActiveCell.Row).End(xlToLeft).Offset(0, 1)
rng.Value = Format(DateSerial(.Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 1), .Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 2), _
.Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 3)), "dd-mmm-yyyy")
End With

Regards Ron De Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"yadaaa" wrote in message

Thank you very much Ron,

yes, i need to enter the whole 3 cells every time, before it creates a
new cell.
would it be to much to ask for the method of creating this button? that
would concatanate to a new cell each time in the same row.

TIA

--
yadaaa
yadaaa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35130