Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Wayne Knazek

Default Making a "Filter" button or field

First off, this is a great group! I used your ideas about making an index
page with links to each of my UGGHHHH 60+ tabs! And this workbook is turning
out to be a real winner here!

The "sheets" below are all a part of one workbook. One Excel file.

OK, I have one sheet where data is automatically "dumped" from a computer
program. Let's call it "Layout 1". (Tab name) I have another sheet that
populates directly from the Layout 1 sheet. Basically, an identical page,
called 75%.

In the heading of sheet 75% (next to the niffty "Return to Index" link) is a
cell with the following "text".

Click here to run '75%' filter (We need a seperate sheet listing any
features that use 75% or more of the allowable tolerance)

OK. I set up a filter to filter out any row that does not have "75% of
Tolerance used" in a specified cell/column. And it works fine.

I need to automate this for those who don't use Excel as often. (Most here
do not.)

I'd like to have a button, or a cell that does the trick.

Preference would be . . . a cell. The text says . . . click to run filter.
If the filter is run, the cell says click to cancel filter. Or it could be
2 cells. One for on, one for off. That would work as well.

Note. The 'off' part is necessary because the Layout 1 sheet will sometimes
be edited. I'd want the filter turned off before editing.

A button would work as well, as long as it "goes both ways". Maybe a
"Filter On/Off" toggle button!?! That would be outstanding. A "Filter
On/Off" cell would be preferred.

I know this is long. But I wanted to be sure the question was understood
correctly.

Thanks, Wayne