Gord Dibben

Todd

A common cause of this is that you are in "Extended" or "Add" mode.

If you see "EXT" or "ADD" down on the status bar try hitting F8 key a couple
of times.

F8 will will toggle you in and out of Extended mode. SHIFT + F8 will put you
in "ADD" mode.

If you are using a wheel-mouse tap the wheel a couple times.

Also see David McRitchie's "Ghosting" at

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ghosting.txt

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 10:41:06 -0800, "Todd"
wrote:

My mouse is selecting areas instead of single cells. Can someone tell me
what the purpose of this is and what its called so I can look it up in help
and figure out how to turn the option on and off?

Thanks a million,

Todd L.