Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Kelly O'Day

Default How to draw a line on a chart, and have it move with the chart?

Manxman:

To attach a line to a chart, first select the chart. you know it's selected
when solid squares show up on edge of chart box.

Now you can draw your line and Excel will place in chart.

If you don't select chart first, Excel places on worksheet, not chart.

I have simple tutorials that show you how to add vertical, horizontal lines
that can be updated and will automatically adjust as your data changes. You
may want to check this post.

http://processtrends.com/pg_charts_horizontal_line.htm

Kelly

"manxman" wrote in message
I am able to draw simple, colored lines on a chart, but when I move the
chart, as I do every week to accomodate new data on the page, the lines
stay
where they were originally drawn. In other words, the lines seem attached
the undelying worksheet, not to the chart itself. Is there a way to draw
lines that are attached to the chart?

Thanks in advance for any help.