Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
galimi

Default Cells within a list to display a certain text but have different v

I have created this for you. Send me your email & I will send the example.

--
http://HelpExcel.com
1-888-INGENIO

"GEM" wrote:

I would like to have cells within a list to display text but also be linked
to have a connected hidden value (currency $) i.e. Drop down menu to show
text such as One, Two, Three, Four etc but when selected it brings up the
value of that selection in an adjacent cell. For example.....

Sheet 2 contains a predertermined list... cells B48 to B67 and values($) in
cells F5 to F16. Sheet 1 contains the drop down menu from that predetermined
list in cell D11. When text such as One is selected from the drop down menu,
it shows the text 'one' in cell D11 and then brings up a connected value ($)
in D12. Can this be done or do you need me to explain better?