Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
rjmckay

Default multiple inputs, multiple outputs

This is an example of what I'm trying to do....

If you enter $X you will recieve $Y commission.

The trick however, is that there are 12 different amounts that are
appropriate to enter.... and each of those 12 require an equation to
figure out what the commision will be.

for example 12 might have the formula of (12/6)-(1/3) in order to
figure out the commission

11 might be (11/6)-(1+(2/3))

so on and so forth...

I tried doing if, if, if, if, if ... so on... but eventually reached
the limit of how long the string can be. LOL

Is there a way I can accomplish this?

In the meantime, I simply caluclated everything out by hand and put it
in a note, telling the user what data to imput for what he needs...
but I would much rather have the user just insert the $ amount and the
computer does it's work and figures out the commission.

Is there a way?

--
rjmckay
rjmckay's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16880