L. Howard Kittle

Hi Prakash,

IF the values in the DESCRIPTION column are unique and the values in the
RANGES column are also unique, try something like this:

=VLOOKUP(VLOOKUP(F1,A1:B5,2,0),B1:E5,4,0)

Were...

F1 is the lookup value of the ACTIVITY
A1:B5 is the lookup range of the ACTIVITY and DESCRIPTION
E1:E5 is the 4th column values you want to return. (4th from column B)

If the values are not unique, as stated, this will not work.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"prakash" wrote in message
We have created excel spreadsheet. In one column we have description of
the
activity , 2nd column has activitiy ranges. We have to build an VLOOKUP
formula to check the description of the activity and check the activity
ranges in the 2nd column and than give us the correct value in a
particular
column (Correct values are in 4th column). Request help on the same to
build
a formula using VLOOKUP AND functions.