N Harkawat

Check to see if the size(# of rows) of both the columns (col PROB and
sumrange) are same.
if PROB is from A1:A110 = 110 rows so is the sumrange 110 rows

"puzzledfe" wrote in message
I cannot get SUMIF to work on Excel 2002, perhaps I am missing something. I
have a column named PROB, and within this column I have text criteria e.g.
CON or POSS, elsewhere in a different column on the same sheet I have
financial data, that I want to sum according to the criteria. I have tried
SUMIF(PROB,"CON",[sum range], but it does not return the sum I am
expecting,
indeed with various experiments I am completely at a loss about what it is
returning except under certain conditions it will return the value in a
single cell OK.