Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
hbb2699

Default Trouble writing an excel formula.

Dave Wrote:
hbb2699

If I am not misunderstanding you, I believe that you have created a
circular
reference. If you data is in D2 to D13, I would suggest using the
formula
you stated in cells E2 to E13 and then sum that column.

Hope this helps

Dave

[/color]

I am sorry, I think I messed up on the cell letters.

The cells I am putting the IF formula in are F2 through F13. The data
is in cells D2 through D13.

It did work however, to take out the " around the numbers. I didn't
realize that using a " made it text. Thank you both very much for your
help!!! :)

--
hbb2699
hbb2699's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35224