Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
hbb2699

Default Trouble writing an excel formula.

I am somewhat new to excel and writing formulas. So bear with me on my
question. I am not sure how to really write everything so hopefully you
can get what I am asking from it. Thanks!!!

I am having trouble writing a formula. This is basically what I want it
to say.
If cell D2 is greater than or equal to 1, than the put a 1 in the cell,
if not put a zero in the cell. Now I am pretty sure I got this formula
correct. What I typed was =IF(D2=1,"1","0")
The second part of what I want to do isn't working though. I want to
add up the cells that I had put the above formula in. When I use the
sum formula for example =sum(D2:D13) it just puts a zero in that cell
instead of adding up the ones from the if formula. I figure it won't
add them because the cells have formulas in them and not only a number.
I was wondering if it is possible to write a formula similar to my first
one but make it put the number in a seperate cell?

--
hbb2699
hbb2699's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35224