Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default Execute a sub in a different project

You dropped a single quote from this attempt:
Application.Run "'" & otherworkbook.Name & "'!kill_max_min"

But I don't think that's the problem.

Both versions (after correction) worked ok for me.

Is Kill_max_min in a general module?

Antonio wrote:

Sorry, I have used

Application.Run "myworkbook.xls!kill_max_min"

I have also tried

Dim otherworkbook As Workbook
Set otherworkbook = Workbooks("myworkbook.xls")
Application.Run "'" & otherworkbook.Name & "!kill_max_min"

The run method does seem to pint to myworkbook.xls but cannot find the sub

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

What did you use?

Antonio wrote:

I have used

I get:

Run-time error '1004':

The macro 'myworkbook.xls!kill_max_min' cannot be found.

In myworkbook I have

Public Sub kill_max_min()

Application.OnTime runwhen, "max_min", , False

End Sub

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Antonio

"Don Guillett" wrote:

try
application.run otherworkbook.xls!mymacro

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Antonio" wrote in message
How do I run a sub that is declared as public in a different open
workbook
(project)?

Thanks,

Antonio